// subscribe to NannyCast //
We know that with a pandemic in the mix, nannies are currently working jobs that are tremendously more difficult than what they signed up for. Hopefully you can find some relief in our episode on Nanny Burnout.
While we advocate for having a vent session in person with a community nanny, due to social distancing that makes it harder, but not impossible, to find an online community. Listen to our episode on Networks vs Communities for the key steps to find an online community so you can find a sympathetic ear to vent to.
In addition, Newborn Care Solutions hosted a trauma therapist to talk about coping through this pandemic. CLICK HERE to view the video on that topic. And CLICK HERE to view the NannyCast press release on the topic of the Nanny Relief Fund.
In this episode, Nannies Jen and Laura explore the complex topic of nanny burnout: where it comes from, how to tell if you have it, and how to fix it.
Voices for the Nanny Burnout Inventory come from the following generous voice actors:
- Seamus the Gentleman | email@example.com
- Maria Micklasavage, Voice Actor | firstname.lastname@example.org & https://mariamicklasavagevoiceover.com/
- FancyOctopus from the Buried Gems Podcast | The internet is a treasure trove of original fiction! At Buried Gems we comedically dig through and try and find the next big thing.
Additional Show Notes:
- International Nanny Association // Nanny Support Groups by Locality
- Vulnerability Hangover Audio from Over My Dead Body Ep 4
- Parasympathetic Nervous System Audio from Crash Course A&P
- Serenity Prayer Audio from The Anxiety Coaches Podcast
- Guided Meditation for Stress Relief
- Chronic Stress Audio from TED-Ed
- Why Mess Causes Stress from Psychology Today
- 2008 Monitor on Psychology from the American Psychological Association
- Fight, Flight, or Freeze? What is your Stress Style?
- Stress and Hormone Basics
- Hacking Your Brain at Any Age
- Letting Your Body Turn Down the Stress
- 6 Ways to Clean Your Child’s Bedroom Once and For All
- Mommy Burnout (book)