- $36,000 = $13.84/hr for 50 hours, 15.38/hr for 45 hours, or 17.31/hr for 40 hours = 1384 pre-tax bi-weekly pay = 1072 after tax bi-weekly pay; 692 pre-tax per week
- $38,000 = $14.61/hr for 50 hours, 16.24/hr for 45 hours, or 18.27/hr for 40 hours = 1461 pre-tax bi-weekly pay = 1127 after tax bi-weekly pay; 730 pre-tax per week
- $40,000 = $15.38/hr for 50 hours, 17.09/hr for 45 hours, or 19.23/hr for 40 hours = 1538 pre-tax bi-weekly pay = 1183 after tax bi-weekly pay; 769 pre-tax per week
- $42,000 = 16.15/hr for 50 hours, 17.95/hr for 45 hours, or 20.2/hr for 40 hours = 1615 pre-tax bi-weekly =1236 after tax bi-weekly; 807 pre-tax per week
- $45,000 = 17.31/hr for 50 hours, 19.23/hr for 45 hours, or 21.63/hr for 40 hours = 1730 pre-tax bi-weekly = 1308 after tax bi-weekly; 865 pre-tax weekly
I [Nanny Denny] took a dollar amount of a yearly salary and divided that by 52 (number of weeks in the year) to get the weekly pay and also by 26 (number of bi-weekly pay periods) to get the bi-weekly pay. These numbers are all pre-tax so far. I then divided by number of hours (50, 45, or 40) to get hourly pay – so if you work a different number of hours, maybe 55 or 35, divide by that instead. If you are paid hourly (or offered a job that pays hourly), then you can do the math in the other direction as well. I used the calculator on 4nannytaxes.com to get the after tax pay. I only figured out the after tax bi-weekly pay because I am paid bi-weekly, but you can also do this weekly.
Pages: 1 2